hostap + wep + dhpcd == no go?

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at mvista.com
Tue Oct 28 16:54:50 EST 2003

On Oct 28 2003, at 14:41, Jeff Meden was caught saying:
> Is the dhcp server on the AP? Is it a bridge or a router? And does the
> windows client function OK for sure with wep enabled, and a manual
> address?  I have never seen a dhcp-only issue with hostap, and I have
> tested many versions with windows and linux clients, and almost every
> kind of radio out there.  Maybe try using a forwarding agent on the AP
> to see if it catches any activity?  I have found them to be more
> flexible than the dhcpd server itself, for catching proper addresses and
> allowing multiple nets to interact.  Or put the AP in strictly bridging
> mode and note the traffic a linux test machine sees on the other side.
> Hope this helps!

Tried with a manual address and again the same problem: I could
associate, but I couldn't perform any network transactions.
Finally determined that the problem was that I was using key #4
on the laptop and key #1 on the host-ap system. I'm fairly new
to wireless and didn't realize that matters. :)

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena
MontaVista Software - Powering the Embedded Revolution - www.mvista.com