Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Oct 23 20:48:55 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 12:46:25AM +0200, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

> BTW it looks like the structure of the hostap driver currently is not at all
> designed to cope with cards with no firmware. Is anybody working on that or
> should I simply try to make it as good as I can and mail a patch somewhere ?

Yes, that's true. However, "permanent RAM download" mode comes quite
close.. It allows automatic downloading of both PRI and STA firmware
immediately after hw reset. You could probably use the same mechanism
after changing the initialization to allow driver to be loaded even if
PRI f/w is not present. Can those cards be automatically identified
easily? If yes, this code could be enabled without need for any extra
kernel param.