On Multiple SSID

SR Dasgupta srdasgupta at contechsoftware.com
Thu Oct 23 12:48:44 EDT 2003

Guys, I tried this stuff today in a small C code. I kept assigning new SSID using iwconfig
every 1 micro-second, but couldnot see multiple SSIDs on the wireless laptop. On every
rescan all I could see is a different SSID which is not something great. Let me know if I am
wrong here and any of you have observed otherwise.
I guess if anyone wants their AP to support multiple SSIDs, then the AP would need as
many number of wireless interfaces. Even I would want to know if cisco does it with 1 interface.

File: