help about redhat 9.0 and hostap

andreaf at cs.columbia.edu andreaf at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:18:46 EDT 2003

When I recompile the kernel with RH9 it gives me a PCI error which appears
to be random, sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not (the
compilation of the kernel succeds). Why is this compilation so unstable?
Anybody with a similar problem?
Thanks,
Andrea

> hi everybody;
> i am a new member of this mailing list and i have couple of questions
> about the configuration issues of HostAP.
 i am trying to configure a
> wireless system for experimental purposes. i have installed the
> freeRadius and openSSL as the authentication server. and i have
> completed the istallation of supplicant side. My problem is about the
> authenticator. i have an IBM thinkpad and a DWL-650 wireless NIC as
> hardware and i have installed Redhat 9.0 as the operating system of the
> authenticator. My question is : what version of HostAp is OK for me to
> install and do i need to follow any specific procedures ( upgrading or
> changing the kerne, patching,etc.) to have the HospAT running in this
> machine?
 thanks for the help...