clients don't associate to 0.1.0 --> AP: drop packet tonon-associated STA

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Oct 18 20:41:39 EDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 01:24:28AM +0200, Tomas Charvat wrote:

> Oct 19 01:10:08 kryspin wlan0: updating basic rate set automatically to
> match with the new supported rate set

Which command did you use to set the supported rates? Could you please
send me output of 'hostap_diag -r wlan0 | grep RATES'? I have seen some
cases in which stations get very confused when supported/basic rates are
changed (not ACKing any frames, etc.). I would recommend testing the new
version of the driver without changing rate sets from the defaults.

I saw no issues with the new driver when using pretty much identical
hardware in the AP. However, I did not change anything in the AP
configuration (i.e., it was running on channel 3 using the default SSID
'test'). I'll try to test some changes to this, because it is possible
that some firmware versions would require a bit different reset or
"double reset" for Port0, etc.