"Interrupt delivery does not seem to work"

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann TSCHUTZER-WEISSMANN at ofsted.gov.uk
Wed Nov 26 10:34:47 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a Prism 2.5 PCI card in my laptop, and I'm trying to get the wireless to work, using Slackware and a 2.4.22 kernel.

The card looks like this in lspci
                00:0c.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev 01)	Subsystem: Actiontec Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0406	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9	Memory at 80200000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]	Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

The firmware version is 1.4.2
hostap_pci compiles fine, but when I load the module, this is what happens:

	hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
	hostap_pci: 0.1.2 - 2003-11-02 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
	PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:0c.0
	hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0
	prism2_hw_init: initialized in 200 ms
	wlan0: hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=eb58b4a0, type=0, res=0)
	wlan0: hfa384x_cmd: command was not completed (res=0, entry=eb58b4a0, type=0, cmd=0x0021, param0=0xfd0b, EVSTAT=8010 INTEN=0010)
	wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
	wlan0: hfa384x_get_rid: CMDCODE_ACCESS failed (res=-110, rid=fd0b, len=8)
	Could not get RID for component NIC
	hostap_pci: Initialization failed
	hostap_pci: hardware initialization failed
	hostap_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.
	hostap_crypt: unregistered algorithm 'NULL' (deinit)

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Tom SW

We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage
sustained as a result of software viruses. It is your
responsibility to carry out such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment to
this message.

The information in this email and any files transmitted with
it may be of a confidential nature and is intended solely for
the addressees. If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and
may be unlawful.

www.ofsted.gov.uk