Problems with hostap-driver 0.1.2 and Linux 2.4.22

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 21 00:37:42 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:37:01AM -0500, Andre Berger wrote:

> With this configuration, hostap-driver 0.1.2, as well as the CVS
> version as of today, compiles and installs fine. Bu when trying to
> load it, I get the following errors, according to dmesg:

> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000004
>  printing eip:
> c0113001

Could you please pipe that oops message through ksymoops and send the
output (i.e., resolve these addresses into symbols)? Without this, the
oops message is unfortunately quite useless. You can get more
information of how to do this from Documentation/oops-tracing.txt of the
Linux kernel tree.

> EIP:    0010:[<c0113001>]    Tainted: PF

Could you please also describe which modules were loaded? I would
appreciate it if you could reproduce this problem without having first
tainted the kernel with proprietary modules and/or using forced insmod..