MAC port 0 enabling failed

Thomas Schreiner thomas at tschreiner.org
Sun Nov 16 20:19:14 EST 2003

Hello!

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:02:09 -0800 Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> Could you please first try whether you get the same errors when using
> the latest driver release (0.1.1 or current CVS snapshot)?

Done, using utils/driver 0.1.2 now, hostapd 0.1.0. Still the same problem.

> > hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 3, io 0x0180-0x01bf
> > wlan0: hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=c6be58b0, type=0, res=0)
> > wlan0: hfa384x_cmd: command was not completed (res=0, entry=c6be58b0, type=0, cmd=0x0021, param0=0xfd0b, EVSTAT=8010 INTEN=0010)
> > wlan0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
>
> This is usually caused by incorrect pcmcia-cs configuration, but if I
> understood correctly, you can use the same card in the same host with
> orinoco_cs driver.

I can't actually use it, for any reason, no idea why, might be the very same reason why hostap is not working, but it registeres the device wlan0 and doesn't give any errors in dmesg. But you can still be right about pcmcia-cs.

> Do you get the same irq and io ports assigned in that
> case?

Yes.
0180-01bf : hostap_cs
and
0180-01bf : orinoco_cs

> Do you see irq 3 counter increasing in /proc/interrupts when Host
> AP driver is initializing the card?

No, always 0 . But with orinoco_cs I get only 0 as well.
  3:            0               XT-PIC  hostap_cs
and
  3:            0               XT-PIC  orinoco_cs

You said in your first mail that maybe a misconfiguration of pcmcia-cs might be the reason for that. Can you tell me what I could try to change?

Thank you very much in advance!

Thomas