no traffic on hostap, probably something else

Hugo Santos hugo at innerghost.net
Sun Nov 16 06:43:51 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my hostap setup, which probably isn't hostap
related but maybe someone can help me. My hostAP setup works fine, my
wireless clients are all able to connect to the AP and when i run a
dhcpd on the AP they are also able to get an IP. The thing is, if i let
rp_filter enabled the hostap box doesn't reply ARPs. I disabled
rp_filter on the wlan0 interface and now ARP requests work fine, but
all the traffic i send to the hostap box is somewhat rejected. I fire
up tcpdump on wlan0 in the hostap side and i see all the requests but
it never replies, is it icmp pings, tcp, whatever. Maybe i'm missing
something? I'm running hostap in linux 2.4.22, my distribution is
debian woody (3.0.1).

Thanks for the help,
Hugo Santos