Could not find STA 00:00:00:00:00:00

Leonardo Pereira Santos lsantos at pd3.com.br
Thu Nov 13 14:01:28 EST 2003

Sorry, too eager to ask, let explain things a bit:

I'm using a embedded board with hostap-driver-0.1.2. I wanted to have three
WDS links already bridged with the eth0 interface, but the command

# iwpriv wlan0 wds_add 00:00:00:00:00:00

Only worked once. A cat on /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/wds shows

# cat /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/wds
wlan0wds0       00:00:00:00:00:00

Reading the code, I found out that in the driver was aborting the new WDSlink
because there already was an unused one. So I hacked the driver and managed
to get my three WDS links, and then bridged them with eth0. All links work,
at least with other hostap boxes, the only problem is the error messages I
get on klog:

(none) klogd: wlan0: Could not find STA 00:00:00:00:00:00 for this TX error
(@887702)

I then reverted back to the original code, but still got the error. I could
simply disable klog, as the links are working, but I thinsk there should be a
better solution. If anyone can give me some pointers, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks a lot.

On Thursday 13 November 2003 16:47, Leonardo Pereira Santos wrote:
> Some while agora, a thread was opened about this error, but got no reply.
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-January/001194.html
>
> I've hacked the driver so I could have more than one WDS link with
> 00:00:00:00:00:00 as the MAC address, so I wouldn't have to add a new WDS
> link and bridge it with the eth0 interface everytime an automatic
> association occured. Everything works fine, expect that I keep getting this
> messages on klog:
>
> (none) klogd: wlan0: Could not find STA 00:00:00:00:00:00 for this TX error
> (@887702)
>
> Has anyone any clue about this error? Is anyone interested in my little
> hack? Cheers!

- --
This is Linux country.
On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Leonardo Pereira Santos
Engenheiro de Projetos
PD3 Tecnologia
av. Pará 330/202