hostapd ip address conflict

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 10 21:37:13 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:38:27PM -0800, Onder, Hulusi TUR wrote:

> my hostapd configuration works fine however when i connect with the laptop to the hostap access point. the access point doesn't assign an IP address to the client.  the access point is connected to a network which has a DHCP server. and any commercial access points e.g. DWL-1100AP can connect to the network easily. i tried to assign static IP however it didn't work. i can see that the radius server is working fine. the logs are reviewed  and nothing seems wrong.

Giving a bit more details about the network configuration could be
useful.. Do you run a bridge setup in which the AP is configured to
bridge packets between wired and wireless network or are you using IP
routing? Are you using IEEE 802.1X and dynamic WEP keys? Which DHCP
server are you using in the network? Can you run tcpdump on the AP to
verify that the DHCP request from the client is delivered correctly and
whether there is a reply from the server? Which version of the Host AP
driver are you using? Which Prism2 card and with which station firmware
version?