iwlist scan broken with hostap 0.1.1/0.1.2?

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Mon Nov 10 20:02:24 EST 2003

Markus wrote :

> If one disables the 'custom' event parameters bcn_int, resp_rate and atim
> in prism2_translate_scan() hostp_ioctl.c, e.g. by changing line 1740 to
> |#if WIRELESS_EXT > 140                 //"#if FALSE"  would also work but
> needs more changes ;-)
> 'iwlist wlan0 scan' will work again and show all APs found and not only
> the first one.

	Puzzling. I'm using standard 2.4.23-pre9 (WE-16), standard
WT-26 and standard hostap-driver-0.1.2, and scanning is working fine
(5 APs). Firmware 1.4.9.

> I would assume that hostap and wireless extensions (at least with iwlist
> V25 and WE V15) use different formats for custom events.

	Nope, custom is just a free form ASCII string. WT-24 would
"infinite loop" on custom events, but that's fixed in WT-25.
	Note that there is a bug where iwevent forget to "fflush" to
the terminal, and you would need 27-pre for this bugfix. You may want
to try that.

	Regards,

	Jean