txpower setting..

alf romeo gambaslupa at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 03:32:01 EST 2003

Hi to all!

I am running 2 PCs running Red Hat 9 & Slackware 9.0

PC1
---
1.RH9
2.kernel-2.4.22
3.WE v15
4.wireless-tools-25

PC2
----
1.Slackware 9.0
2.kernel-2.4.22
3.WE v14
4.wireless-tools 25

There is no problem when running 'iwconfig wlan0
txpower 10' to set the tx-power.The problem  is that
when i run 'iwconfig wlan0' to view the values i've
set for the card, I cant seem to find the tx-power
value...this is with the PC1

[root at APITONG BridgeTesting]# iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"APITONG"
          Mode:Master  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access
Point: 00:60:B3:76:9E:8A
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment
thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise
level:0
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:307
Missed beacon:0

With PC2 there is no problem. I could view the value
for tx-power...is these because of the WE
version?!..Is there another command to view the value
for tx power...tnx in advance for your help...

IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"MOLAVE"
Mode:Master Frequency:2.422GHz Access Point:
00:603:7A:1B:45
Bit Rate:11Mb/s Tx-Power:-10 dBm Sensitivity=1/3
Retry min limit:8 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
Encryption keyff
Power Managementff
Link Quality:92/92 Signal level:-40 dBm Noise
level:-90 dBm
Tx excessive retries:75 Invalid misc:108 Missed
beacon:0

Good Day!!