ad-hoc mode support

Antonio Vilei antonio.vilei at unile.it
Thu Nov 6 05:22:33 EST 2003

Hello,

>      i am curious to know whether hostap supports ad-hoc mode

yes it does.

It did not work for you because you have used "iwconfig wlan0 mode managed",
which lets the card work as a station in infrastructure BSS.
If you want the card to work in ad-hoc mode use this:
# iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc

Please do read iwconfig man page for more information about this.

Antonio