Genesis Mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 4 20:41:35 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:07:36AM -0600, Dustin Marquess wrote:

> I tried using the DOS flash program to just download secondary
> firmware to the card again, but I kept getting the "busy bit never
> cleared" error, which I found in the archives about the PC card slot
> modification.
>
> I have a bad feeling that even though WinUpdate probably only
> corrupted the STA firmware, I probably screwed-up the PRI image
> trying to fix the card with the DOS flash program.

Have you tried initializing the card with the latest Host AP driver
version (with firmware upgrade enabled)? If only the STA image was
corrupted, it should be possible to fix it without Genesis mode (well,
unless the corrupted STA image is doing something horrible). However, if
the PRI image is also corrupted, Genesis mode might be required..