Severe problem during download of Firmware makes PCI card useless

Bjorn Wesen bjorn.wesen at axis.com
Mon Nov 3 04:03:13 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > I will take a look at what would be needed to change the driver to allow
> > Genesis-mode operations with corrupted PRI f/w (i.e., continue minimal
> > operation mode even if initialization fails).
>
> I added some preliminary code for this. A new module parameter,
> no_primary, can be used to allow initialization continue even if the
> card initialization times out. This might not be enough for all cases,
> but at least it was enough for this particular case.

Another thing that is needed (for some cards) is for prism2_srec to be able
to cope with a missing PDA while doing the genesis download of the PRI. I
added a switch to prism2_srec to ignore this and plug with the default
values. This was with the last released version, perhaps the current version
of prism2_srec does not care about failed ioctl's when reading the PDA from
the driver anyway.

/BW