Problem with compiling hostap-driver-0.1.1.tar.gz

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Nov 2 19:51:39 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:18:41AM +0100, Ingo Hoffmann wrote:

> want to see and I'll send it. Here let me start with
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.20.SuSE/include/linux/hz.h. But I could also send the
> entire include tree, it's up to you!

That include/hz.h is all that was needed. Thanks. I did not know where
the definition would be because the standard kernel.org tree does not
have it..

> extern unsigned long __HZ;
>
> static inline unsigned long get_hz(void)
> {
> 	return __HZ;
> }
>
> #define HZ get_hz()

OK, that's certainly not constant. I'm a bit surprised this did not
break anything else.. This is apparently adding support for dynamically
run-time changeable HZ. The easiest workaround for this is indeed the
change you did, so maybe I'll just do the same thing (or maybe a bit
more nicer way of doing it so that the number is still definied in only
one place).