[patch] IWSPY support for ad-hoc mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Nov 2 13:43:33 EST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 01:47:57PM -0700, dannys at changind.com wrote:

> Below is a patch (based on 0.0.4) that allows for IWSPY support in
> ad-hoc mode.  It may very well work for all modes or break other
> modes.  I've only tested it in ad-hoc.  But it seems to work decently.

Thanks!

Well, it breaks stats for other modes.. However, it pushed me to clean
up the stats collecting routines so that they are updated just from one
place. This patch did not change anything for the STA entry expiration,
so it is likely to be incorrect for non-Master modes..

Since Linux 2.4.23 is apparently coming with wireless ext ver16, this
patch is likely to be quite shortlived (ver16 implements iwspy in the
generic wireless code). Anyway, for completeness sake, I added the
SIOCSIWSPY handler for wireless ext <= 15 as a bit cleaned up version
this patch. I did not bother fixing the STA entry expiration because
this code is going to go away with wireless ext v16.