hostap-0.0.3 + hostapd + 802.1x how to ???

Haidong Xia hdxia1 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 20:20:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have spent 2 days trying to enable 802.1x authentication through hostap,
but I couldn't make it work.

I did the following:

1. install hostap_pci, and have a bridge between wlan0 and eth0. This mode
works fine. A Station
    can authenticate to HostAp, and have internet access.

2. make, and run hostapd. I configured the hostapd.conf to point to my
Freeradius server

I tried to use a client to authenticate. I can watch 'EAPOL start ' frame at
the HostAP machine. But the client could receive the 'EAP request'.  It
seems hostapd tried to send it.

I doubt that the 'EAP request' frame was not sent out from the access point.
  Does anybody have such experience, and how I can fix it?

Thank you

Haidong