Posible Bug and some questions

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu May 22 13:26:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Guido Augustowski wrote:

> Sorry, you are right about that.
> W´ll post the versions of my software:
>
> Wavemon: 0.4.0b
> Pcmcia-CS: 3.2.4
> Hostap: 0.0.0 CVS, 4/29/03, compiled as modules including pcmcia path in
> Makefile

Then why doesn't pcmcia_core appear in the output of lsmod?  Is PCMCIA
support enabled in the kernel?  Then you don't need to use PCMCIA_PATH.

> Kernel: 2.4.20, compiled by me. If you need it, I can send you the .config.
[snip]
> wlan0     Recommend Wireless Extension v13 or later,
>           Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v15.

I don't understand that.  Linux 2.4.20 uses Wireless Extensions 14.  But
the event 0x8C03 (IWEVREGISTERED) appeared in version 15.  Either you
patched the kernel or the output of "iwconfig --version" is incorrect.

Most likely you are doing something wrong.  For example, you could have
patched the kernel for WE 15 after you compiled it but before you compiled
hostap.  Or you have different kernel trees.  Or something like that.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin