Simplified Makefile for 2.5.x kernels; 2.4.x, too

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed May 14 01:45:05 EDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> Using kernel makefiles for building external modules seems to work fine
> with Linux 2.4.x, too.

Excellent!  It works for me.  I think I'll even use this trick to convert
Atmel drivers to support 2.5.x kernels without too much code duplication.

Just a minor nitpick - please rename "2.5_install_info" to something less
misleading, e.g. "install_all_info".

> Removing support for Linux 2.2.x would also solve this ;-), but there
> has been some requests for keeping it still around.

If it becomes more than annoyance, we could require 2.2 users to compile
the driver inside the pcmcia-cs tree (or the kernel tree for PLX and PCI
drivers).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin