Get Hostap working with Dell Wireless card

Josh Crawley j_w_crawley at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 04:26:08 EDT 2003

I've got a "Dell TrueMobile 1150 PC card" in a
pci=>pcmcia bridge. The card works with the standard
orinoco_cs driver (bound to eth1).

When I went to try to get hostap working with this
card, it just plain wouldn't. I tried the standard way
of rmmod'ing orinoco drivers and modprobing hostap.
Then I tried to "corectly" use cardmgr to load the
driver in. Still, no go.

The card, as default works, but I was wanting AP and
monitor functionality. Any ideas on how to make this
work ?

Master plan: It's a Linux gateway between
192.168.0.0/24(eth0) and 192.168.1.0/24(eth1) which
eth1 is wireless. I was wanting my box to be an AP
with wep and ipsec (Yes, I'm a glutton for
punishment).

Thanks for the help.
Josh Crawley