USB NetGear MA111 driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed May 7 01:13:07 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:25:48PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> There is no USB support in the HostAP driver.  You can only use HostAP
> with Netgear MA111 is two conditions are met:

Actually, there is a version of Host AP driver with USB support.
However, this has not been merged into my tree. I received a patch for
USB support some time ago, but I haven't yet had time to merge it. I
suggested that the authors of the patch would make it publicly
available since it might take a while before I end up merging it into
Host AP CVS, but I do not know whether this has been done or not.

I do not have any Prism2 USB devices, which is making this less
important for me.. So, other TODO items will get higher priority. The
patch was based on an older Host AP driver version, not the CVS version
when I received it. In addition, I would like to make some of the
required changes more cleanly. Thus, it looks like merging will require
quite a bit of work and based on my current TODO list and number of
other projects, it will probably take quite long time before I can
devote enough time for this.