USB NetGear MA111 driver

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue May 6 14:25:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Andrei Grichine wrote:

> I've got a few Netgear MA111 wireless adapters. Here is the link where
> you can get some information about them:
> http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=173&view
> Is it possible to use hostap driver to support these adapters under
> Linux? I'm looking for driver for these devices.

There is no USB support in the HostAP driver.  You can only use HostAP
with Netgear MA111 is two conditions are met:

1) The device uses Prism chipset.
2) Somebody ports HostAP to support USB devices.

I really doubt about the number one.  Netgear MA101 uses Atmel chipset.
You can try linux-wlan-ng (http://www.linux-wlan.com/) and one of the
Atmel drivers (http://at76c503a.berlios.de/ or
http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/) to see which chipset you have in
MA111.