WDS queries

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 08:35:09 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

When adding other APs to the WDS environment using the
command 'iwpriv wlan0 wds_add 00:00:00:00:00:00', I
noticed that ALL the nearby (target) APs involved must
first be set to 'master' mode in order for them to be
detected by the host AP being configured. With this,
does this mean that I can only set 'repeater' mode for
the repeater APs after all has been properly
detected/added?

I'm using prism2_param to set autom_ap_wds and
other_ap_policy to limit the associations.

And I really prefer to use the blank macaddy for the
reason that I want to verify if the APs are indeed in
line of sight with each other.

I also noticed that when an AP has already been
detected (macaddy in /proc/net/hostap/wlan0), the only
means of flushing the detected APs is by restarting
card manager. Is there any other way I can flush ALL
detected APs (in
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/**:**:**:**:**:**) without
having to restart card manager?

TIA - and still experimenting, vic