problems with bridging

Jim TerWee jim at terwee.com
Tue Mar 18 22:20:06 EST 2003

If memory serves correct, layer two bridging will not work unless you put
the wireless card in master mode. But you can also use parprouted but this
only runs layer three. Here is the link.
http://www.hazard.maks.net/parprouted/

> Hi,
>
> I have a dedicated box that i want to set up as a cheap bridge. I have a
> linksys switch/AP, running as a master, that i use for all my PCs. The
> new box is a small 486 with a dlink 650, the idea being that the dlink
> will be set up in managed mode and bridge the physical interface
> (natsemi) to that.

--Snip
--
Jim TerWee       | Our capacity for understanding is
jim at terwee.com   | inversely proportional to how