HostAP + WEP rekeying + hostapd.conf

Jose Araujo jlaraujo at dti.pga.pt
Tue Mar 18 08:35:28 EST 2003

Oleg Izhvanov wrote:

> Israel Cardenas Romero wrote:
>
>> i'm using HostAP and 802.1x executing this command:
>>
>> hostapd -x -o192.168.49.222 -a192.168.49.222 -ssecret_pass -SSecureAP
>> -b5 -i
>> 5 wlan0 &
>>
>> It's running OK using FreeRADIUS in the same machine, with EAP-TLS
>> authentication
>> I've two questions:
>>
>> 1. I've read about a 'hostapd.conf' file, but I don't know this file'
>> structure. Where can I find it ? I want to configure rekeying time and I
>> don't know how to do it in the command line...
>

> The contents of this file is self-descriptory.

It is found on the hostapd  directory on the hostap source directory.

>> 2. Is there any method to use EAP-TLS without client certification,
>> using
>> something like 'login/password' ?
>

> No. EAP-TLS is the protocol based on certificates. If you want to use
> 'login/password' authentintication consider using EAP-LEAP. It is
> is supported in the current CVS version of FreeRADIUS server.

Wow, some time ago i was looking for LEAP support on open-source tools,
and there was none.
But the real question is, are there any client-side tools?

LEAP is i believe a CISCO protocol, and their card do the authentication
via firmware, is there any supplicant that supports LEAP ?

Jose Araujo