[802.1x]how to setup the hostap?

zhang yi bite_tea at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:40:25 EST 2003

Hi,
    I want to make 802.1X authentication with freeRADIUS, hostap and
xsupplicant.
As this page says: http://www.missl.cs.umd.edu/wireless/eaptls/
    I tried to "replace the Cisco AP with host ap driver,hostap daemon,
and a Prism2 card".I used the "D-link DWL 520" card.
    Did I "load the prism2/2.5 AP driver" by insmod hostap.o
,hostap_crypt.o and hostap_cs.o?And then I run Ethernet bridging with this
card,and successfully connected the wireless LAN with the wired LAN.
    But when I input "./hostapd wlan0" or "./hostapd -xm wlan0",it kept
telling me:

ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX):No such device
ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]:No such device

    What shall I do?Or anyone has ever successfully finished the same
job,please give me your advice.

Best regards.