bcrx_sta_key

fred xvii fredxvii at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:34:22 EST 2003

Hi,

Iam trying to configure different keys for several stations.

# ./hostap_crypt_conf -l wlan0
Default keys
  algorithm: WEP
  TX key idx: 1
  key 1: 31 32 33 34 35
  key 2:
  key 3:
  key 4:

Keys for 00:90:d1:08:0d:46 (sta1)
  algorithm: WEP
  TX key idx: 1
  key 1: 42 42 42 42 42
  key 2:
  key 3:
  key 4:

Keys for 00:30:65:25:35:3e (sta2)
  algorithm: WEP
  TX key idx: 1
  key 1: 41 41 41 41 41
  key 2:
  key 3:
  key 4:

But with this I am unable to contact sta2 from sta1 (and
vice-versa). As bcrx_sta_key was at 0, it seems normal to me since arp
broadcast were not ciphered with the proper key (sta2's), but with the
global one (12345). But when I enter the MAC addresses manually in
sta1 and stya2, everything runs fine.

But when I run:
# prism2_param wlan0 bcrx_sta_key 1

I still can't reach sta2 from sta1 when the MACs are not in arp cache.

I don't understand why as I believed bcrx_sta_key would cipher the
broadcast messages with each station's key.

BTW, is there any way to notice the value of this parameter in the /proc fs
or somewhere else ?

Thanks for your help.