HostAP on iPaq

Projekt Manager projekt.manager at web.de
Thu Mar 6 10:46:44 EST 2003

Hi Jouni & others,

I jumped into it head first and cross-compiled HostAP for the ARM based
iPAQ. Despite minor problems, the compiling itself was straight forward.
Here's the steps I followed.

1) Installed the ARM cross compiler tools from the LART website:
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/

2) downloaded and patched the sources for kernel 2.4.16 and the related
ARM patch (my host machine is a 2.4.18, but the Familiar distro on
target is 2.4.16).

3) modified minorly our HostAP Makefile and compiled (Makefile is attached).

For a while I didn't see the modules loaded and depmod/modprobe gave
"unresolved symbols" errors.

But after a few trials (really out of no where) the hostap_cs module
seemed to load, with the detrimental effect that the iPAQ just froze.  I
attached the bootlog captured on Hyperterminal window.

Feels like I'm almost there, but why does it hang at "hostap_cs:
Registered netdevice wlan0"?

Any insight is much appreciated.

attachments:
	1) Makefile