AP configuration

Stavros Papadopoulos o_paidaros2000 at yahoo.gr
Thu Jun 26 15:32:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have installed on an P233 MMX PC SuSE 8.2 PRO and
have configured this PC as DHCP and DNS server. I have
an I-Gate Siemens Wireless card inside and have
flashed the firmware of the card with the 1.4.9
Intersil firmware. I have compiled the hostap drivers
and was able to load the hostap_plx driver module. The
command "iwconfig wlan0" returns:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"test"
          Mode:Master  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access
Point: 00:90:D1:05:57:9B
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Tx-Power:-7 dBm
Sensitivity=1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment
thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise
level:0
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0
Missed beacon:0

Could someone help with the following steps for
configuring it as an AP with all possible security
settings ? I have a laptop with XP Pro and a wireless
card and want to connect to the PC and get from it an
IP and so on. I would be very grateful for your help.

Regards,
Stavros