Radius

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jun 16 22:33:49 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 08:01:23PM +0300, Joachim Wickman wrote:

> Is it possible to have hostapd or freeradius to start on a new accounting session at a specified time for every user?
> So I could get accounting status for every user / {day,week,month}.

hostapd will use the user specific Session-Timeout attribute so you can
change the length of the session, if you can configure this per user in
your RADIUS server. I think this can be configured with FreeRADIUS.

However, if you would like to start new session every Friday at 1pm or
something like that, there is no mechanism for it in the current hostapd
code. If you can get your RADIUS server to calculate the Session-Timeout
value based on the session start time, you could of course try to get
something like this working.