not WDS

David Gurevich dgurevich at packethop.com
Fri Jun 13 13:11:21 EDT 2003

I was thinking more about this and decided that you are right. There is no problem in using 4 address frames.
What it really boils down to is running HostAP as an infrastracture client (a ST), in Managed mode and cofiguring
the WDS links to other HostAP nodes which are likewise configured. Everything on the same frequency, same ESSID.
Obviously it would not be possible to bridge across the infrastructure AP, but if all HostAP nodes are IP routers, then
this is not a problem. Is this feasible?

          ----- wired network -----

           AP
            .
            .