Firmware 1.7.4

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Jun 12 18:41:34 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Gerald Britton wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:00:40PM +0200, Jiri Fojtasek wrote:
> > At the czfree forum i found a link for new Prism firmware. Its only
> > flash version ...

Thank you, Jiri!

> They're probably in winupdate.exe somewhere, almost certainly in some
> binary format.

There are two firmware resources and they can be extracted by Resource
Hacker 3.2.3 (http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone16/cat1054/16956.htm)

One is 179284 bytes long, the other is 16652 bytes long.  This is
consistent with the sizes of the secondary and primary firmware
respectively.  For instance, sf010506.hex (secondary firmware 1.5.6) is
167545 bytes long and pk010101.hex (primary firmware 1.1.1) is 16299 bytes
long.

However, both data files seem to be encrypted.  There are no strings
inside.  gzip and bzip2 make those files longer.

I put those files here if anybody wants to decrypt them:
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/1.7.4/

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin