WEP-encryption problem

Helge Hoel helge at vvizard.net
Wed Jun 11 11:57:08 EDT 2003

I've just bought a couple of wireless network-cards (3com). My pci-database
identifies them as this:

Network controller: Harris Semiconductor Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev 1).

I use the hostap-driver on them, and it works wonderfull. But I want to turn
on wep-encryption, and when I try that, I get an error:

merlin root # iwconfig wlan0 key s:blahblah
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Function not implemented.

Anybody know what the error could be? Doesn't the driver support WEP for this
chipset?