Strange channel behaviour

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 8 21:48:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:16:25AM +0200, Peter De Cleyn wrote:

> Yesterday I observed some strange behaviour in the use of various channels
> for my APs. I use the linksys WPC11 cards, firmware 1.4.9. Connecting to
> one machine could be done "instanteneous" but connecting to the other took
> almost 7 to 8 seconds!
>
> After some experimenting I noticed that with channels 1-4, I had this 7
> seconds delay and from channel 5 all worked as expected (+/- 0.4 seconds).
> I first tought a DECT ap was interfering but it seems these work in
> another frequency range (1.9 Ghz).

I have never seen this kind of behavior. Could you please give some more
details of your configuration? Do you run WPC11 as a station or AP or
both? If not both, what is the other AP/STA? Does this happen every time
you are using channels 1..4? If you are using Host AP driver as a
station, how long does it take to authenticate and associate again when
forcing this with 'iwpriv wlan0 reset 2' in the station?