Prism2s card flash

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Jul 24 15:15:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Javier Sanchez wrote:

> i have just read some messages about a successful flashing of a dead
> card http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-April/002333.htm

You probably mean
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-April/002333.html

I don't think you need it.  It appears that your card host Prism 2.5
chipset (I have no idea what Prism2s in the subject means), so you should
be able to use the "-3842" option for the DOS utility with the unmodified
slot to put card to the genesis mode.

> On linux i cand successfully ask for the status and config using cardctl,
> and on msdos i can successfully get data using the msdos flash utility.

Then you may be able to user prism2dl and linux-wlan-ng.  I suggest that
you program the latest primary firmware 1.1.1 before secondary firmware.
You can get it here (you need pk010101.hex):
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/1.7.4.tar.gz

> Any ideas on how can i recover the card ??? Should i modify a pci
> adapter to reflash the card as i understood here ????
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-April/002345.htm

You lost "l" at the end again.  Try "-3842" first.  You probably don't
need initial firmware.  Just flash primary firmware and then secondary
firmware.

> I read on other message about a way to get the firmware flashed using
> wlan-ng drivers but cant find the howto message on the list, can anybody
> point to the right thread on the list ?????

I don't know about the thread, but linux-wlan-ng can be downloaded here:
http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/

prism2dl can be downloaded here:
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/prism2dl/

--