Merging HostAP into Linux 2.6

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Wed Jul 23 12:15:35 EDT 2003

Jouni Malinen wrote :

> It looks like this is not going to happen for 2.6 series. As far as I
> can see, Host AP driver would be ready for this, but Jeff Garzik seems
> to require that own WEP implementation (hostap_crypt_wep) would be
> replaced with one that is using CryptoAPI. However, current CryptoAPI
> does not support stream ciphers which would be required for this.

	As far as I remember, Jeff never put that as a diktat, but
more as a suggestion. Ok, other suggestions (firmware stuff) ended up
being requirements, but I would rather verify this assumption of yours
before giving up.
	My position is that, despite our friendly suggestion to its
maintainer, CryptoAPI still doesn't support WEP and stream cipher, so
HostAP can't use CryptoAPI, and so go as-is.
	If you want, I can fire a friendly e-mail to Jeff.
	Regards,

	Jean