RangeLAN DS (PCMCIA) - Host AP 0.0.3 - Not working

Bobby Sardana sardana at obsoft.com
Sat Jul 12 02:23:23 EDT 2003

Greetings Jouni,

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:48:22AM -0700, Bobby Sardana wrote:
>

>>4) RangeLAN DS (PCMCIA)
>

> I have never used this card. Do you happen to have any more details
> about it (like firmware version, etc.)?

This card used to work fine about 8 months back with HostAP. I have not
used it since and with HostAP 0.0.3, it just fails to initialize. The
details are:

Proxim Range LAN DS 8430
Firmware Rev: 0.7.6 (From the label)

>>hostap_cs: card initialization timed out
>>hostap_cs: Initialization failed
>

> Host AP driver was unable to initialize it. After this, there is not
> much point in trying to do anything with the card.. Have you tested any
> other driver (like orinoco_cs) with that card?

No, I have not. It seems that the card (or its internal battery, if
there is one) is dead. Was wondering if upgrarding the firmware can
solve the problem?

Thanks a ton for all your help.

with regards,

Bobby Sardana.