AP sends A4 WDS frames with CRC error

David Gurevich dgurevich at packethop.com
Fri Jul 11 13:07:19 EDT 2003

I am running "iwconfig wlan0 essid "test" channel 11 mode Master key AABBCCDDFF".
Then "iwpriv wlan0 wds_add 00:02:6F:03:FE:8C" to add a WDS link to another node.
Then "iwpriv wlan0wds0 wds_type 4" for A4 frames.

When I ping the node 00:02:6F:03:FE:8C, my sniffer reports the ARP REQ frames with a CRC error and the tail of the frame is truncated.
When I ping own node from the other side (node 00:02:6F:03:FE:8C, which is running as a STA), the ARP REQ is received and an ARP RESP is sent back. The ARP RESP is likewice CRC error.

The question is why does the driver generate a corrupt A4 frame in wds_type 4 when in Master mode and where should I look to fix this?

When both nodes are STA (Managed), the WDS link is fine and the A4 frames are sent correctly without CRC errors.

Thanks,
David