pcmcia_cs vs orinoco_cs

Dan Hackney daniel at blast.com
Thu Jul 10 12:03:47 EDT 2003

I'm a bit confused regarding the PCMCIA_PATH directive for setting up
the hostap driver.  My machine does not appear to use the pcmcia_cs
module, but the orinoco_cs one instead.  Here is an lsmod and a modprobe
pcmcia_cs for you:

wdlinux:~# lsmod
orinoco_cs              4520   0  (unused)
orinoco                29952   0  [orinoco_cs]
hermes                  5888   0  [orinoco_cs orinoco]
nls_iso8859-1           2848   1  (autoclean)
isofs                  25664   1  (autoclean)
zlib_inflate           18752   0  (autoclean) [isofs]
loop                    8912   3  (autoclean)
tulip                  40416   1  (autoclean)
af_packet              12904   1  (autoclean)
reiserfs              177024   2  (autoclean)
ds                      6528   1  [orinoco_cs]
yenta_socket            9504   1
pcmcia_core            38144   0  [orinoco_cs ds yenta_socket]
unix                   14500   6  (autoclean)
wdlinux:~# modprobe pcmcia_cs
modprobe: Can't locate module pcmcia_cs

The card is a demarctec pcmcia card, based on prism 2.5 chipset.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

Note: please reply by email as I'm not sure I'm really on the list yet;
after subscribing I got someone's vacation away message....?

-Dan