reset hostap driver parameters to default

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Jul 7 18:40:36 EDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Jun Sun wrote:

> Is there an easy way to reset all driver parameters?
>
> It seems that 'rmmod hostap_xxx' and 'modprobe hostap_xxx' again would
> achieve this effect.  I wonder if there is more elegant way to do it.

The elegant way would be to implement it in Wireless Tools, but you need
to explain very clearly why you need to reset all driver parameters.

If you are doing development and you need to reproduce exactly the same
state of the driver, I don't think it would justify adding code to
Wireless Tools.  In fact, you are supposed to power down the system or at
least the card to have more or less clean results.

But if you have some other reasons, they may be good enough to justify a
"reset" command.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin