hiding SSID

"Holthöfer, Bastian" holthoef at uni-mainz.de
Thu Jul 3 06:04:28 EDT 2003

Hi all!

This topic was discussed a few days ago, but there was no final solution...
I have a DWL650 (Prism2.5) Pri 1.1.1, Sta 1.7.4 and hostap 0.0.3 in use. First, trying to hide the ssid via "iwpriv <dev> prism2_param enh_sec 1" does not succeed, my WindowsXP-client still finds the ap. The driver accepts and sets the parameter successfully ("iwpriv <dev> getprism2_param enh_sec" shows the right value). Second, I also used the parameters 2 and 3 and got an error like

Interface doesn't accept private ioctl...
prism2_param (8BE0): Invalid argument

Is the 1.7.4 still buggy or did I mess up with something?

Thank you for your answers in advance :-)

Bastian