wds between STA and AP

David Gurevich dgurevich at packethop.com
Tue Jul 1 21:42:04 EDT 2003

I have the following setup:

   AP<----->wlan0
            HostAP(STA)
              wlan0wds0<------->wlan0wds0
                                HostAP(AP)

HostAP STA associates successfully to the AP.
Then I ping from HostAP(STA) over the WDS link to HostAP (AP).
The tcpdump on the HostAP(AP) tells me that the ARP requests are being received and replies are being sent back.
On the HostAP(STA) side the ARP replies are not received though.
My sniffer shows ARP requests and replies being acked at 802.11 level.
The ARP requests are 4 address frames (From DS and To DS are set).
The ARP replies are 3 address frames (To DS only set).

Is this a bug?