Hostap will load but WILL NOT create the wlan0 interface

Jerry mrcool at stupidgamerz.com
Thu Jan 30 09:36:07 EST 2003

I still have not gotten hostap to create the interface wlan0.  I have tried all of your suggestions, thanks for your help.  But still no luck.

Does anyone know which config files to modify? or what script needs to run to do the 'ifup' , or for that matter, what the '/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan0' file should look like?

I know there HAS to be a way to manually create the interface and register it to the kernel...

I realize this is not necessarily within the scope of the hostap mailing list, but this is frusterating, i can get the drivers to load, but cant do anything without the interface.

Thanks.
Jerryf