driver warning with kismet

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jan 24 22:49:23 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:53:23PM -0800, Jun Sun wrote:

> I am running kismet on top of recent CVS hostap driver.  The driver
> normally works fine, but with kismet it emmits some annoying warnings
> like:
>
> wlan0: prism2_rx_80211: len(11023) > MAX(2304)
>
> Anybody knows what is wrong here?  A driver bug?  Or a configuration problem?

Those corrupted frames are coming from the wireless LAN card as far as I
know. I'm not familiar with kismet operation details, but if it is
changing channels often, this could be causing lot of corrupted RX'ed
frames that are received while the channel is being changed. Monitor
mode seems to pass such corrupted frames to the driver and the driver
prints that warning. If you want to get rid of it, you can comment it
out in prism2_rx_80211() function so that the driver just silently drops
such frames.