radius & traffic shaping

Cornelisse cornelisse at bonbon.net
Wed Jan 22 11:23:00 EST 2003

Hello all,

I've been playing around with a soekris net4521 for a couple of weeks
now. So far I've tried Leaf Wisp-dist and the pebble release, but these
two releases lack a couple of features I need.

What I'm trying to build is a authentication gateway (802.1x) in
combination with a Radius server (eg freeradius). So if a customer wants
access on an AP a login box appears (windows), after that the gateway
checks with the radius server what type of subscription the customer has
(1024/512 or 512/64) and then sets the appropriate rate for that session
(traffic shaping)

I know that with tc and ipchains this can already be achieved, but I
want to integrate this into a radius server. I this even possible ?

Regards,

Cornelisse