Error messages from hostap

Matt Connew matt at softec.uk.com
Tue Jan 21 12:16:18 EST 2003

I'm running hostap in AP mode with a Netgear MA311 (A PCI card using the
Prism2.5 chipset).  Here's is the ID info from the HostAP start up:

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: hostap_pci.c 0.0.0 2002-10-12 (SSH Communications Security Corp,
Jouni Malinen)
hostap_pci: (c) Jouni Malinen kmaline at cc.hut.fi>
PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 00:0b.0
hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0
prism2_hw_init()
prism2_hw_config: initialized in 19798 iterations
wlan0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.0.7
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.3.6
wlan0: defaulting to host-based encryption as a workaround for firmware bug
in Host AP mode WEP
wlan0: LinkStatus=2 (Disconnected)
wlan0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xdd102000, irq=12
Setting ALC off
Setting TX power to 15 dBm

I'm am using WDS to connect a wireless only AP to another AP wired to the
network (both HostAP).  The version of HostAP I'm using is 2002-10-12. The 2
AP's connect and forward packets to each other without any problems.  The
problem is that I get the following errors repeatedly in my syslog:

AP: packet to non-associated STA 00:c0:df:02:9d:f0
wlan0: Could not find STA for this TX error

The first error is complaining about the mac address of my workstation on
the wired LAN.  Why is the hostap driver complaining about this?  The second
error message just keeps on being emitted at a rate of several a second
until I reboot, and then it starts all over again.  I get this from both
AP's, both the wired and wireless.  I've tried changing the
ap_bridge_packets mode and it still does it.
Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to stop the error messages?

Matt