TX rate unchange problem.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jan 19 12:27:48 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 05:46:40PM +0900, ÃÖ Ã¢±¹ wrote:

> So far, everything looks working fine except the AP transmit always in
> 2Mbps.

How did you verify what rate was used?

> I think I tried all method in Intersil Programmers Manual, but TX Rate
> never changed. (Neither Current Tx Rate record).
>
> Also, the host AP source code from http://hostp.epitest.fi  include a
> comment
> that Current Tx Rate is always 2 on HFA384X chip set.

I would suggest you would re-read both the manual and the driver source.
hostapd_ioctl.c notes that the _RID_ seems to always be 2 Mbps. This is
not the same as real TX rate..

> I want to know the comment means whether transmitting 11Mbps with HFA3841
> is impossible or I should do something else to enable 11Mbps transmission.

Of course it is possible to transmit at 11 Mbps with a card that
supports 11 Mbps ;-). In Host AP mode you need to manually control TX
rate; see hostap_handle_sta_tx() for an example (in hostap_ap.c).