State of the sources?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jan 18 21:15:18 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:56:43PM +0300, Alexander Pevzner wrote:

> BTW, could you please incorporate a minor fix into a top-level
> Makefile? My Linux distribution, which is more or less standard
> RedHat 6.2, doesn't have cpp command. Please, replace cpp with
> gcc -E -. It will not affect the users of newer distributions.

I'm pretty sure all Linux distributions that include a compiler do
include preprocessor.. But yes, cpp is apparently not in the default
path on some older Red Hat versions. Anyway, since gcc can be specified
with CC variable, it is quite reasonable to use it to run preprocessor
instead of directly calling cpp. CVS version is now using $(CC) -E -.